Tuesday 19 June 2012

Just BS-ing


ANGRY RANT

To be honest with you, this is JUST an angry rant. A friend of mine just got angry at me because I called his/her “bestfriend” a ‘hoe’. (I would like to point out that I didn't necessarily call them one but for the sake of this post let’s just assume I did). Granted, I would also defend my friend too if someone called them a hoe but I feel as though this particular persons reasons were not justified. This person said to me, “you don’t know the girl well enough to call her a hoe”. I started fuming, I was like,  “I don’t need to know her personally to know that she has been around--she is what they call back home; a village bicycle (because everyone gets a ride). I do not know prostitutes personally but I KNOW they are prostitutes. They might be very nice people, but the fact is they are prostitutes.” I agree I do not know the girl so I cannot judge her personality, but if her actions do fulfill the minimal requirements for hoe-manship then guess what?? Yup she is hoe. She might have a very nice personality BUT that does not change the fact that her p*&^y looser than the change in my wallet.
That being said, in this case I had no right to call the girl a hoe though. Matter of fact as previously stated, I didn’t really, but that is beside the point.
The point of this article is to tackle the issue of listening to rumors. Let’s say you have never seen someone act in a particular way, for example you have never seen them with anyone but you hear of the stuff the person does. Can you conclude (not judge) that the person is a particular way because of what you have heard they have done? This does not just include sleeping around and sexual acts. For example, I did not see Casey Anthony kill her baby nor did she get convicted BUT I will be damned if I ever let her babysit my (future) children. Isn’t that similar to not dating someone you have not witnessed or caught in action sleeping around but you have heard, from reliable sources, that they do? I mean, like I said the person might have the BEST personality ever but that does not change the fact that they did or do the things they do. For all we know Casey Anthony is a sweetheart but she is still a baby killer (convicted or not). It is only natural and humanly to judge people on what you hear about them. This does not mean it is right but it does tend to happen.
Personally, I believe that people act a certain way because of what they have experienced in their lives. That person you call a hoe might have a heartbreaking story behind her actions that may change your opinion on her. I believe that people tend to act like ‘hoes’ because they haven’t yet met that one person they feel deserves better. In other words just because someone has a bad history of playing people does not necessarily mean they are going to play you too. Every single relationship is a gamble and anyone can hurt you. Just like gambling sometimes the play with the lowest odds may make you the most money. Think of the lottery, chances are you will not win it, but that slight, miniscule possibility of winning makes the ticket worth buying. For that reason it does not make sense to rule out someone because you have heard they have been ‘around’. Take a chance date a hoe; it may be the best decision you have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment